At the International Matchmaker’s Conference held in September of 2007 and hosted by the Matchmaking Institute, Mark Brooks of Online Personals Watch enlightened us with some great statistics in the world of Matchmaking and online dating. Check out some of the statistics below. Did you know:
- There are only 1500 matchmakers in the U.S.today.
- eHarmony’s survey to get started has 436 questions!
- Match.com and eHarmony rank 4th and 5th respectively among the top 15 U.S. online dating sites. (What are 1, 2 & 3 you ask? SinglesNet, PlentyofFish and Yahoo).
- eHarmony has been in business 7 years.
- In the future you can expect to see the online dating sites offering matchmaking services through local matchmakers in your area. Why not go directly to the source!